Sunday, January 30, 2011

GreenStitch Episode 23 - A bit of this and that


Sort of a short episode this week. You can download it here.

Here are the denim-and-felted-sweater dog bones that turned out sort of wonky -- but it didn't matter! And go right here for the no-nonsense encouragement we can all use from the fabulous Ginger of Wienerdog Tricks.

Here's the skirt that became an apron as part of Jenny's January Challenge. I'll post a photo of the finished apron soon. Check out Jenny's blog for future repurposing challenges. I can hardly wait to see what she's got up her sleeve for the months to come.

Two more links:


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Anne. I truly appreciate your support. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the dogbone story, am a big fan of sewing for enjoyment and not for perfection. Easy to be overwhelmed by professional standards with the media access we have today. I vote to ignore the professional model in our hobbies and sew, write, paint, sing and play from our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on a skirt/apron but it's not doing what I want it to. thanks for the inspiration, I keep the skirt around, but never sure why...
    Also, check out the book Sewing Green by Betz White if you haven't before. It's got some fun ideas and ideas from people that I have heard interviewed on some of our favorite podcasts.

    http://normalmotherhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so beautiful and cute, love your products.

    ReplyDelete